AllesWirdGut Architektur’s “City Square Developing” is an innovative redesign of a former steelyard in Luzemborg.
In the words of Landzine:
Between forward-facing high-rise buildings and blast furnaces of the past the new Steelyard square forms the center of Belval Ouest, a city development project which is currently constructed in Luxembourg on the grounds of a former steel mill.
The disused industrial site ́s atmosphere was characterized by wideness and roughness as well as pioneer plants such as mosses and birch. The former situation is necessarily literally covered by the new use and new design. Our major goal was it to let the now hidden qualities shine through the redesign.
Seating areas and new trees are concentrated into islands, which leave empty large areas of space and also serve as focal points in this emptiness. Aging-capable materials such as concrete, wood and untreated steel in combination with rough detailing make it possible for the patina of the past to return.
To see the Landzine’s complete posting on this project, click here.
- lizybird reblogged this from land-studio
- regisvf likes this
- hollyflame likes this
- dantessa reblogged this from land-studio
- theskymaylookblue reblogged this from land-studio
- dantessa likes this
- designme4u reblogged this from immersiveengagement
- lovinnature likes this
- theexpandedfield reblogged this from moonage-day-dream
- moonage-day-dream reblogged this from land-studio
- inspire-design-create reblogged this from immersiveengagement
- immersiveengagement reblogged this from land-studio
- irishboyinlondon likes this
- davidberlekamp likes this
- land-studio posted this